Heat Tape Pro XL: the only heat tape designed to reach those far away outlets.
Configuring and installing your plug-in heat tape can result in a common problem: you are too far from the nearest outlet you need to plug into. Previously, this meant that you either needed to have a new outlet installed by an electrician or purchase extra length of heated cable to reach the outlet. With Heat Tape Pro XL, our 50-foot cold lead allows you to reach those far away outlets.
Why not just use an Extension Cord?
Extension cords are not supposed to be used with any kind of Heat Tape from Radiant Solutions or any other manufacturer of heat tape, for safety and performance reasons. This is why, until XL was developed, the most common recommendation was to have a new outlet installed near the area your installation would require it.
The Best Heat Tape on the Market, with the Best Warranty
Our ice dam heat tape is designed for residential and commercial ice dam prevention in gutters an rooflines. Unlike cheap, big-box ice dam heat tape, our cables are self-regulating, only asking for the power they need to do their job. This saves you a lot of money in the long run by not wasting electricity. Our heat tape is also perfect for gutter de-icing and pipe heat tracing applications. Our plug-in ice dam cables are suitable for various roofing. Factory assembled with a standard three-prong illuminating plug, each cable can simply connect to any grounded 120V receptacle. Also unlike cheap ice dam prevention heat tape, our cables can be overlapped across itself without risk of overheating and/or burnout. Radiant Solutions Heat Tape comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty –the best in the industry.
- 50-Foot Xtra-Long cold lead length. Plugs into standard 120V receptacle (this lead length is in addition to the rated length of your cable, i.e.: a 100ft Heat Tape Pro XL has an actual length of 150ft, but only the 100 feet is heated)
- Heat Tape Lengths:
- Self-Regulating – The cable regulates it’s temperature and power consumption, optimizing for the surrounding temperature
- Produces 6 watts per foot (at 50ºF) and 9.6 watts per foot (at 32ºF).
- Suitable for gutter de-icing and ice dam prevention applications on shingle, metal, plastic, tar, wood roofs and metal or plastic pipes up to 6″ for pipe heat tracing applications.
- Illuminated plug head so you can see when it’s running
- ETL listed
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty